Wednesday, February 28, 2007

WE RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM LUKE'S ORPHANAGE!!!





This morning we received the long awaited email from CHINA!!!

Let me start with a little background info.... as many of you know, we are waiting for our Travel Approval (TA) to adopt our new son Luke. He has a cleft lip and palate and is waiting for us in Nanjing, Jiangsu. His lip was repaired in March 2006 at the age of 5 months. On Feb 5th we received an email from his SWI director telling us that he was on the list for palate surgery with the Smile Program. She wanted to know whether or not we wanted him to have the surgery and if so, they would schedule the surgery within the next couple of DAYS. We didn't waste a second and emailed back that YES we wanted him to have the surgery. This was a great opportunity for him to have this repair done in a familiar setting with doctors, nurses and care givers he was already accustomed to. Our hearts ached that we would not be with him but we KNEW this opportunity was a gift from the Lord. I asked in our reply email that the director email us back with a status. I was *hoping* she would email us once the surgery was complete but we didn't hear back from her. In my anxious state I emailed her last week and almost begged for an upate. I have been just so anxious about hearing SOMETHING ... ANYTHING.

This morning while I was drying my hair I decided that I would no longer worry. I was sure that the Lord was watching over Luke and that he was fine. I decided I would just give all the worry to the Lord and rest in his peace. I prayed this to the Lord and I felt at peace. WELL... not 2 hours later I log into email and I receive a WONDERFUL email from the SWI director letting me know that he did great and that she will be sending us some pictures SOON!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!


Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications! The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.
Psalm 28:6-7.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Such awesome news, Nicole!! I am so happy your long wait for some word Luke's surgery is over :)