Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Interesting Information....

Today I was surfing the information highway and came across some interesting information.

The following famous individuals have cleft issues similar to Luke's.

Tom Brokaw
E. Charlton Fortune
Jürgen Habermas
Doc Holliday
Jesse Jackson
Stacy Keach
Thomas Malthus
Cheech Marin
Jason Robards
Eric Edgar Cooke
Mark Hamill
President Abraham Lincoln's son Thomas Lincoln

It is a popular belief Joaquin Phoenix has a cleft lip. The mark on his lip is a microform, an almost cleft that healed itself in utero. If the tissues joined up just enough to create correct bone and muscle tissues, no corrective surgery is required, as is the case with Joaquin Phoenix.

I bolded Mark Hamill's name as both Brandon and I found it very interesting that he had cleft issues. As everyone knows, Mark Hamill played Luke Skywalker. When we were deciding on Luke's name, Brandon and I had this conversation:

Nicole: "How about the name Luke?"
Brandon: "I like that."
Nicole (joking): "Would it be after Luke Skywalker or Luke in the Bible?"
Brandon: "I don't know.. whichever one you want."

Anyone who knows me knows that it would be after Luke in the Bible BUT it is certainly interesting that Mark Hamill turns out to have had cleft issues and that me and Brandon had this exact conversation. I think it is another God thing that connects us with this adoption and our little boy waiting for us in China. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a funny comic that I saw posted. It REALLY reminded me of Kiah!!!



More pictures of the kids to come soon!!!

1 comment:

kitchu said...

Cool story... and I feel so tempted to say "May the force be with you on the rest of your journey", but I think I'll stick with "GODSEED"! Emphasis on the "speed" part,right? Can't wait to see Luke at home with his family...
Kris